Monday, May 20, 2019

A journey to rid my life of plastic - One step at a time/ Week 2

WEEK 2 - Change the dog bag and more.

UPDATE: Last week I committed to bringing my own bags to shop. I have been very diligent about this promise to change. It just takes some getting used to - getting into the habit. I am proud to say I have not picked up a plastic bag the entire week.



This week I have been focusing on replacing plastic in my home.' This is another pretty easy one.
I went to our local food co-op and found the products show above. There were a number of options and now I have even seen some environmentally friendly plastic replacements in chain grocery stores. I was also pleasantly surprised to find these items were not expensive. Are these the best products out there? I don't know, but it is a start. So I will live and learn. I did take the time to read the labeling and the right ideas are in place.

If you think about what you are doing with plastic bags, they have a such a short time use and then are tossed away. That has to stop. Start with the idea that you can't throw another plastic bag away - that was my starting point. You can't add another plastic bag to the garbage problem. That forces you to make changes. Convenience can't rule our lives and this in not a big sacrifice.

Next week I have to start getting rid of plastic packaging - this is a big one! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment